New Garbage Contract Benefits Carencro Residents
Mayor Brasseaux and the City Council proudly announce a new garbage contract effective December 1, 2018.
On April 16, 2018, Mayor Glenn Brasseaux requested the City Council form a committee to review garbage contract proposals, pending the expiration of the current contract on December 01, 2018. The proposals were evaluated by the committee and the big winners are the residents of Carencro. Pelican Waste & Debris was selected to service the garbage contract.
Here are the highlights of the contract:
· Minimum savings – $6.89 / month
· Current garbage rate – $26.19
· New garbage rate – $19.30 or less
· Small commercial customers may now establish service directly instead of having to utilize a separate provider.
· Recycling increased to every Wednesday to eliminate confusion on skipped weeks.
· Hazardous Waste Recycling Day added for all residents in the fall each year.
· Rear loading trucks with an attendant will eliminate spilled garbage which otherwise would not be picked up by driver alone.
· New garbage and recycling containers will be issued to all customers.